My Blog List

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finally; My Classroom

Before my update, I so happy to have 5 followers! :).

I realized it's been a bit since I've updated, so I thought while I have the free time I would update it now. I had Great Beginnings these last two days, which was an all day event, so by the time I got home, I really didn't want to do much else! It was informational but some of the stuff I could do without lol. I think I've been pounded with the Code of Ethics more than enough..

I was able to get in to my classroom this past Wednesday :). I managed to organize some things around since there was just a lot to go through (more than I remember!). It's funny though, I thought I was set, but now I realize there are still a few more things I need to buy! Not anything big.. but for example, some pencil holders, a homework/turn work in boxes (though I know better to get them at teacher stores.. simply get them at Target or something lol).. just really small stuff that I plan to get today!

So, let me share some of my photos.

BEFORE ORGANIZING / DECORATING

So, right when you walk in - there's my classroom! It's a lot bigger than I thought it was. To your right is the teacher's office.



Here's the teacher's office! I wasn't a fan at first, but I'm liking it more and more each day. It just gives me a space to be organized..



Another angel of my classroom.



This was the big pile of STUFF I had to go through. I wasn't the happiest person since it was just a mess. I'm missing topic 1 of my envision math so I have to ask if they have an extra :/.


AFTER ORGANIZING

So! Here's the teacher's office! I wasn't going to use the filing cabnit at first but I realized it.. I could definitely use it lol.



The organized bookshelf.. I'm glad they gave me two! One will be used for all the books (even though my library is very small..)



Here's a view from the back after rearranging stuff. I still have to put the tables where I want them, but I didnt have enough time.



Um; yeh, that's the fiance who was being a total dork. But that's my teacher's table - I plan to put the word wall right behind me :).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to keep the "U" shape but I think I'm actually going to try pods. Place five kids together in four groups. I just want to try it out.. if it doesn't work, I can just turn it right back in to a "U" :).

Today I'll be doing some final shopping with my sister and fiance - then start to make some things. I have an idea for my schedule (that is still unknown to me but I can at least make a skeleton of it) and some other things. I have no idea if Citrus is a huge AR school or not.. I don't think they are, but I do have a very cute idea for it.

Well.. that's it for today! I'll probably post stuff tomorrow :).

1 comment: