My Blog List

Sunday, August 7, 2011

My First Post

I was debating whether to start a blog or not, but I realized that I love making blogs. Even if it's just for me to get down my thoughts.. and why not start a blog about my first year of teaching? I am already feeling overwhelmed that I think this will be good for me. Plus, it'll be easier to keep track on my favorite teaching blogs and post the ideas that I like :).

I have to thank my former supervising teacher for turning me on to these teaching blogs! I felt very lost after I landed my first job (which came at a great time since I was losing much hope and was beginning to fall in to a rut) and these were great launching pad for me! I have a lot of ideas of my own that I will share in a following post, but these just help me extend them and think of great new ways to go about it.

This upcoming week I have all week to decorate, however, Thursday and Friday I have to go to an orientation of sorts. The next week is just filled with preplanning and meetings; but that weekend (20th & 21st) I have all day to decorate. I'm hoping my sister can help me this week or at least the weekend, but so far, it doesn't look good :(. She works as Legacy Academy and works everyday, so it's a bit hard! Then that weekend is her birthday so.. you can see what I mean.

I am thankful that Andy (my fiance) will be helping me on Monday (even if I do feel a bit guilty about it). He currently works as a manager at Burger King and has been having overnight shifts a lot lately. He will be working tonight from 10pm to 6am in the morning, then he will drive to Citrus to help me at least rearrange the desks and such. I will be spending most of the day going through ALL the stuff the former teacher left behind. It was a lot.. you'll see in pictures to come.

Well. I'm done rambling. For this post at least :). I think I talk a lot sometimes! Oops oh well!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! I'm so glad you did this!!! You are going to love it!! I am your first follower!! I will do a shout out on my Blog for you to direct more people your way!! I'm so glad you have found this to be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Shelly!! Citrus is a great school!! You'll be working with two of my best friends... the Weidls!!=) I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures as a first year teacher!! Let me know if you need anything. I''ll be in 2nd grade too!!
    -Jackie-
    Sister Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mrs. Foreman; Thank you!! I love it already - it really helps me remember all my ideas and just get all my frustrations out. I think I'll feel 10x better once my classroom is decorated LOL

    @Jackie; Thanks!! She told me about that and I'm very excited! It's always easier to go in to something knowing there's a ton of people to support you. It also helps that the staff at Citrus is unbelievable~

    ReplyDelete